Search This Blog

Thursday, March 4, 2010

My Job

So when I'm not reading or putting books back on a shelf, I'm working with different groups of kiddos on fun projects. This is probably one of my favorite parts of my job. My other favorite part of my job is when cute little first graders come into my office to impersonate characters from their mom's favorite Mexican soap opera. If I could video tape him acting the scene out in Spanish, he could win some awards. Adorable.

But here are some of the latest projects we've done in the good ol' library.
The first is a kindergarten project. They researched a different city in Texas and then illustrated what they thought were the important parts of the place.


The bluebonnets are their fingerprints. So cute.

They are so proud of their work.


And then the fourth graders researched a famous African American for February. Then they made a "life size" outline of the person and presented a "museum" for the first graders. We even turned out the lights and put spotlights on the people to give it a museum feel. They did a great job and the little ones loved being with the 4th graders.



Jesse Owens....

See...libraries aren't always quiet and boring....

3 comments:

awalton said...

You're such a good teacher and librarian! Miss you here at GAC!! :)

heather byars said...

i love the life sized outlines!! but where was lubbock on your texas map? so much fun! when are you coming to see me? love you, miss you, and talk to you later.

Carolyn said...

How fun! You are so creative and I know you have a bunch of secret admirers in that school who love, love, love library time! What a cool lady you are! Love ya!