Search This Blog

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Rewind...OCTOBER!

So our computer was having some problems and we had to get it repaired. We have it back and it's working now. As Marin would say its "all better".  Now I have about 300 posts to catch up on. So let's start with our trip to Alabama. My mom's birthday is October 23 and the girls and I flew in to surprise her. And...she was SURPRISED. It was pretty fun. My sister invited her up to her house for a little dinner celebration and then Marin came around the corner with a "Happy Birthday". My mom was stunned. It took her a minute to figure out what was going on. You know, old people. But she was pretty excited to have all her grandkids in one place. (Hollis would have said Happy Birthday too but I am pretty sure at the time she was chasing the dog.)

But before the birthday surprise we stopped by my Dad and Carole's house to say hello! It was a great little visit and the girls always have such a good time with Carrot (aka Carole). :o)
This is the best picture I got of my dad. Because if he knows you are taking a picture he will do this...

Or this...

See. Pointless. He's crazy. 

Might as well join him. :o) 

Carole has lots of little toys that the girls play with every visit. They love it. 
Here they had some sticky bugs. They thought it was hilarious. 


Now a tea party...:o)
 It was a great visit and we were so happy we got to see them for a little bit. Then we headed up to my sister's house to get ready for the big surprise. I wanted to get a family photo of my sister and Tim and the boys. But my nephews have a little of what my dad has. NO COOPERATION. Once I threatened Will and told him I would put them on Facebook, he started acting a little normal. Just a little though.
Marin never wants her picture taken but she wanted to be in the family photo. 

The best one. I love them. 

Marin needed to sample the icing flowers. 

Drew helped out. 

MayeMaye's glasses. 

Will, he is getting way too old. Which means I am getting way too old.
But one great kid. I mean teenager. :o(

And Drew. Who can't love this kid??? Crrraaazzzzyyy funny and so very sweet. 
 Cissy, I didn't add the pictures of you and the boys because you know....the angle and the triple chin thing. ;o)

My mom does this thing with the girls where they reach their arms out and say "I love you, BIG!"
Its pretty sweet. 

Singing Happy Birthday!

MayeMaye is a rock star in the eyes of Marin and Hollis.
My sister and I joke and say she is the grandkids favorite "toy".
And she is. A big toy. A they have her wrapped around their finger.

Another post is coming about how fun the girls are right now. They play and play with one another. It is the best!
Loving it. 
We found a couple of parks to play at and the girls had a ball!




It was a fun surprise trip and so glad we got time with everyone! Happy Birthday, MOM! We love you!

No comments: