Search This Blog

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Storytime

Our public libraries have gone through some budget cuts and our Mother Goose on the Loose story time is gone. Sad. I'm especially sad because Marin has really become SO VERY interested in her books. She wants to read everyday. It is so much fun. So I found this blog on Pinterest.....


5 a day books

and decided to copy the idea. I gave it a whirl this week and it was so funny. She would sit through Blue Hat, Green Hat because that one has become one of her favorites. But the others, I would have to read to her while she was playing or she would take it away from me and hand me Peek a Who, Grow Up,....or another one of her favorites to read. It made me laugh! So we usually ended up reading a lot of books. She really is so cute. 
These were our first 5 books in 5 days selection. :o)
Then I found this blog on Pinterest.....


I really like Pinterest. But I loved the activities with each book even though some of them are too old for Marin right now. So I am going to steal ideas from both of these blogs to do some 1 year old activities with her 5 Books a Day.  We'll give the same books another go next week and then I have some love books and some baby books for Valentine's day and for Hollis' arrival. We'll "read" them again this week and sort laundry (Blue Hat Green Hat), jump on the bed (Five Monkeys), play with our bug puzzle (Hello Bugs), and "exercise" with Daddy (Just Like Daddy). We'll see how it goes..... 

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Thanks for the links...those look great! So far I have read to Avery every day of her short little life. Our current favorite book is one listed on that second website. We LOVE LOVE LOVE "Bear Snores On", and we recently added "Bear's New Friend". If you don't have the Bear books, you totally need to get them! They are super cute.