Search This Blog

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Craft Time

So I got a little crafty last week. Here are some of the projects I got done. :o) 

First, this was an old window from a door that my mom had "collected".  

I cleaned and sanded it some. I may paint it. But I used this new Mod Podge photo transfer stuff.
It was fun. You just use a photo copy of a picture on plain printer paper. Cover the picture up with the Mod Podge and place it on the surface. Leave it there for 24 hours. Then rub it off with a wet cloth. On Pinterest, they did it on a wood pieces and it looked really neat. I may try that next. :o) 

An old toy trunk turned ottoman.
Not sure if I like it or not. 

Our Summer bucket list garland on our mantel....

Our summer mantel (for you Betsy....)
The glass vases have seashells in them.
Come on beach time!! Can't wait!

I like the chalkboard printables floating around Pinterest.
 I had this red Ikea frame so this little prayer got framed for our kitchen. 

I recovered this little vanity seat.
I really like the fabric on this one. This fabric will actually be in both girls' room.
Hollis has fun bird fabric and Marin has cute puppy dog fabric.
But this fabric goes with both rooms. Eventually they will share a room so I like that they will have something already "matchy". 

I got 2 of these chairs for $10 at a flea market.
Then I ....


Put our striped fabric on it. I may paint them a funky color. 

I hate laundry.
Dishes and laundry are never ending.
But we are pretty good about washing and folding but putting away....um...not so much.
So....

Everyone gets a basket with their name on it.
When clothes are folded they go in each basket.
Then each person is responsible for putting away their clothes.
I think the girls are old enough to do this but still young enough to think its fun.
Hopefully it works. 

Then the girls got a package from Maye Maye and they got to get crafty with a painting project!! 

Skyping with Maye Maye to show their artwork.
They painted a piggy bank. :o)

Pretty proud of her pig. 


Hollis loved painting in the coin hole. :o)





No comments: