Search This Blog

Saturday, October 4, 2014

A Wonderful Man Remembered

My grandfather passed away a couple of weeks ago and we went to Alabama to celebrate him and his life with family. He was such a great one and will be dearly missed. He served in WWII and was so proud of his service so they arranged for him to have a military service. It was beautiful and a wonderful tribute to my grandfather.







 Marin will mention PawPaw sometimes. She will say "PawPaw died. He's with Jesus now." 
 
 And seeing family was also fun....
 My dad....the photo bomber.
 Brother and sister....
 My cousins! We actually made a second trip for Ivy's beautiful wedding!
 Trying to get a a picture of my sister and fam but, you know, the photo bomber. :o) My nephews (like my cousin above) were thrilled to see I had my camera out AGAIN. Can't you tell?
 More cousins. So the last time I saw her, she didn't have kids.

The part of the service that sounded most like my granddad was when the preacher talked about how much my grandfather wanted us all to know God because he wants us to all be together again some day. So true. He was a good and faithful servant and wanted all of us to know the goodness of God. One of his stories he shared with me on our last visit was from 1956. He was in LA and was supposed to get on a flight back home. He was ready to be home to see his wife and kids but he wasn't able to get on the flight. He said he watched it take off and was so angry he didn't get on. (Being a standby passenger...I can relate.) But he later found out that exact flight crashed into another plane over the Grand Canyon and not one passenger survived.That was the beginning of his conversion. He started believing that day that there was a Father that was protecting him and had different plans for his life.

I believe that God pursued my granddad in a big way that day.  Pretty thankful he believed it too.

Can't wait to hear your stories again, PawPaw. Love you!

No comments: