Search This Blog

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Let's not forget

 Here are just a few things I don't want to forget about the girlies....

Marin.....
 1. She is so very competitive! Oh. my. word. She loves to win. At night, they have a little pillow pet that flashes stars up on their ceiling. But they are on a timer and go off about 15 minutes later. If she is fighting sleep, all I have to say is "you need to beat the stars to sleep and win". Works every time.

 2. We have started our little 'mom school' and she loves it. I call out "it's time for school" and she runs and sits and waits at our calendar. It is so stinkin' cute.

3. She loves to read books. We sit and read books for long periods of time now....except her favorites are all HOLIDAY books. Kinda funny. We have read Easter, Christmas,  and Halloween books a TON this summer.

4. Singing. Marin is rarely quiet because she SINGS all. the. time. Every and any song she knows and sometimes she will make a song up just to fit the conversation. She is a song bird.

 5. Marin's favorite joke is to call us "clown". She thinks it is so very funny and laughs and laughs at herself. "Thank you for my waffle, CLOWN." (falls all over herself laughing)


6. There is an episode  of Jake and the Never Land Pirates (a favorite around here) that we now call Sad Jake. The first time Marin watched it and Jake and his buddies lost their ship Bucky....she CRIED. It was so funny sad. She is so super sensitive. (Side note: I've started watching Parenthood on Netflix and I have cried during just about every episode so far. So I can't really make too much fun of her.) But I heard her singing at the top of her lungs during 'QUIET rest time'...."OUR BEST FRIEND BUCKY....HOW DO WE SAY GOODBYE". It was the song the pirates sang to their ship. I got a recording of it because it was so cute.

And now HOLLIS...

1. She says "wait a second" and "I have an idea" at really funny moments.

2. She refuses to potty train. She will say "No potty. Momma. Diaper." One day, she kept taking her diaper off and then a while later would want one on. After a bit, I figured out she wanted a diaper when she had to potty. She would pee in the diaper, then take it off. Ummmm, just go in the potty.

3. Hollis could be sweating like crazy and have 8000 mosquito bites but she would do anything to be outside. Loves outside.

4. This girl has some serious hand motions.

5. To go along with her hand motions, she has a very unique accent. And Burke and I have a tendency to have full conversations in Hollis speak because it is contagious. 

6. Loves bath time, shredded cheese, egg drop soup (actually both girls love it...drink it with a straw...yes, disgusting, I know), babies, markers, and PAINTING!!!


Last week, Marin had already crawled into our bed. Burke was a work. I woke up and saw on the monitor that Hollis had her pillow on her head (which she does often). I can't stand it so I went into her room to take it off. Of course, I woke her up and she needed to come to "daddy's bed". So we all were piled up in bed when Marin sat up and had this conversation.....they were dead serious.....

Marin: Hollis, wake up. I have to ask you something.
Hollis: What?
Marin: This is Daddy's bed. What are YOU doing HERE??
Hollis: I...I....I...I...I got monsters in my bed.
Marin: YOU HAVE MONSTERS IN YOUR BED.
Hollis: Yes, monsters.
Marin: (shaking me like crazy) Momma, Momma, wake up. Hollis has monsters in her bed!!!

Cracked me up. Even if it was 5:30 in the morning. Don't worry, I got up and got all the monsters out of Hollis' bed.

No comments: