Search This Blog

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Treasures and Toys

So we went to a Catholic church/school children's garage sale....oh my! First let me tell you that Marin is in a really fun stage right now. She loves to PLAY. Like really play with her toys. (I uploaded a video on Facebook and I will try and get it on here.) It is so fun to play with her and to just watch her pick up her toys, shake them, chew on them, etc. I always want to get her new toys for her to explore eat but they are expensive. So went to this garage sale just to see what we could find. Well, the kid now has enough to toys for her first year of life, plus Christmas, and her birthday. :o)  Grand total: $28.

A little walker/rider toy for a few months down the road...maybe a Christmas present.

A chair that will go with her pink footstool.
She is going to have a little reading nook in her new room.
The plan... slipcover that cushion with some cute fabric and a little monogramed pillow...
can't wait!

We had been looking for one of these exercausers for a while. But they are like $80 new. YIKES!
We found it for $10. She LOOOOOVVVEEEES it.
We actually found this at a different garage sale. 

This random pile was all FREE stuff. It's hard to see their cuteness with our rug.
(That is an Elmo in there, Sweet Kate. Marin wants to be just like you.) 

But the cute fire truck and fireman and dog...FREE.

The barn with rattle farm animals...FREE.

Fish bowl with cute fishies...FREE.

Um, I couldn't pass up the girl in her airplane for a $1.
She can "fly" just like her daddy.

A grand picture of the loot. 

Melissa and Doug puzzle...either .50 or $1. I can't remember.

Books, books, books!!!
4 for $1!!!


All her fun gadgets and gizmos that light up and sing.
I can't wait to play with her! 

Her own computer so she can leave ours alone. 

This actually is one of those trays that you can put on a little table for when she starts
standing up. But it has a lot for her to play with...
Like I said, the kid has enough for the year, Christmas, birthday all combined. I don't care if I did go a bit overboard. :o) And just so you know, I did get rid of bag of stuff she no longer likes. Bring in new stuff...get rid of old stuff kinda deal.
But I have a very thorough, strict, OCD cleaning process that all of this stuff goes through before it goes to the little Beluga. :o)

And now for the sweet girl...
She loves to "stand up".

Love that sweet laugh!
Having a ball!


I am so loving this stage!

We move next week and we are leaving for our trip to Belize. Ready for some sunshine!

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

Just remind Burke that even if its free - she doesn't know the difference and it still translates to: SPOILED!

(just giving him a hard time b/c goodness knows he NEVER does that to anyone else!)

awalton said...

wow, that was some garage sale! i can't believe you got so much for free... crazy! do you have a play room in your new house? that's one thing that will be a must when we ever move again.

Anonymous said...

You know how I love sales. This is unbelievable. I want to go with you sometime. Go Stacey Go!