Search This Blog

Friday, May 21, 2010

Nine Weeks

I get an email at the start of each week telling me what's happening to the baby and to my body and such. I read them but weeks go by so quickly I can never remember what's happening. This week it did say I need to really start journaling about the pregnancy because I will forget later on. I definitely agree that I will forget later on. So this will be my pregnancy journal.

So far, again, I feel terrible. It's really funny to see people's reactions at work. They either look at me and begin laughing uncontrollably or look at me and just shake their head in pity.

I am still sick to my stomach all day and get sick at random times. I try and remind myself that it is a sign of a healthy pregnancy and I try to be thankful for the sickness. But thankful isn't always my reaction.

A new symptom....well, let me tell you a story.
At the shower Ann broke a glass from her fancy punch bowl set. I called the office and this was the conversation.

Stacey: Hey, something happened and I need a janitor.
Maria (the crazy secretary): Did you pee your pants again?

Yep, now its not just vomiting but it's vomiting and wetting my pants at the same time. It's pretty disgusting.

But I did see a baby at work the other day and I got a little glimpse of the amazing thing that is happening in my body now. It really is pretty cool.

A little note about dad...Burke has been beyond amazing with me. He is so patient and listens to me so calmly and when I am at the point of breaking, he always, always makes me laugh. He is so good to me and so good to this baby already. Me and this kid...we are so lucky to have him. I looooovvvveeee that man.

1 comment:

Betsy@Living in the Moment said...

Love the posts. Love the cake. Can't wait to see you in June. Love you