Search This Blog

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Pinto Bean


So this week our litte nugget is the size of a pinto bean. I wish I could say that I am glowing and beaming and skipping with sunshine rays coming out of my behind.....but.....unfortunately, instead of feeling the joy of pregnancy I feel like I have caught a new strand of the swine flu. My fingers (and Burke's fingers because he is sick of me complaining) are crossed that the puky stage will be over at the end of the first trimester.
Please, please do not leave any comment saying...."I didn't have any problems when I was pregnant" or suggest that I try saltine crackers and ginger ale. If I hear one of those two statments again, I may turn hostile.
But on a little more chipper note, I have suddenly become addicted to the game of Scrabble?!?!? No where is it mentioned in any of my pregnancy books that this could be a pregnancy "symptom". But I did want to document it somewhere in case this kid wins the 3rd grade spelling bee....

1 comment:

Betsy@Living in the Moment said...

That's funny... I was never sick with either of my kids! Oh have you tried saltine crackers and ginger ale yet? Just a thought! I joke I joke! We love that little pinto bean so much already. HOpe you feel better soon and you get to experience the fun side of pregnancy soon. Love you!