Search This Blog

Friday, June 11, 2010

Road Trip Home

So I started the drive to Chicago on Wednesday after my gradate school class. The Wednesday drive went beautifully until.....

Right as I got off my exit in Springfield, MO, I heard thump, thump, thump. And sure enough I had a blowout. The tire was completely torn. Ugh.
But thankfully, my wonderful Africa friends, that were not only letting me crash at their house, but they came and helped change the tire. So thankful.

But seeing these "not so little anymore" guys made the flat tire fiasco disappear. These kids have grown up so much since teaching them in Uganda 5 years ago. Elizabeth, Luke, and Preston are all taller than me now. So crazy!! Such sweet kids!


I got the car repaired the next morning and headed out for the remainder of the trip on Thursday. The second part of the trip wasn't as easiest as the first. A wreck, a traffic jam, a baby that made me throw up....but I will say Missouri and Illinois are quite beautiful to drive through. It almost looked like the South!! (Yes, I took these while I was I driving. Safe, I know.)

I was so excited to drive into Chicago around 9:00. The city was beautiful and I had to get a picture. This is what I got....

Chicago's beautiful, huh?
It was so great to get HOME!! But even better to see Burke!!
We are home. It's a good feeling....

1 comment:

heather byars said...

so glad you had a safe trip. we are still working getting up there the big day! i love you and miss you. money sucks!!