Search This Blog

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Play Time

I have finally rearranged some furniture around so that Marin can have a little play space. Here are some pictures of play time...

Tummy Time: Marin usually likes tummy time. In California, we would put her on her improvised "bed" and she liked being able to lift her head and see us. Today, she was a little lazy (but it's cold and rainy outside...perfect day to be lazy). In this picture she is doing the superman thing and lifting her legs and chest up.

Side note: Do you see that adorable Brown Bear Brown Bear quilt she's playing on??? Cute!! A very special DC friend made it for Marin...thank you, Mrs. Norton!

Here she is eating the quilt. I know that this looks like a scary picture because you think she is suffocating but I wanted it documented that she has found her mouth and likes putting things in her mouth. Well, she loves putting her hand and fingers in her mouth (her favorite right now). But she will put my shirt or the Moby wrap in her mouth if she's able. I've offered her toys but she's not interested. Fingers and fabric...that's what she wants.
I just missed her looking at herself in the mirror. Oops.



A side glance. She rocked back and forth, back and forth...

The Bumbo. I pulled it out today to give it a try. She has great head control and she so wants to be able to sit up, but this thing still makes me a little nervous. I just don't want her head to pop off in one of her wobbly moments. But she did love it.

I wish this wasn't blurry because she is sticking her tongue out. She is doing that more and more! And she has learned how to blow bubbles!


Marin still loves books and will listen for a long time to us reading them. We got this plane book at a book fair this summer. I've started reading it to her when Burke is at work. When we get to this page, we point to the pilot and say "There's Daddy!" I may glue a picture of him on the plane at the end of the book. I figure if I start now, then when she's old enough, she may understand better when he's gone for work. Plus I think it will be cute to see her chubby little finger point to the pilot when I ask, "Where's Daddy?"


At her 1 month doctor's appointment she only wanted to follow the doctor halfway across. So we've been working on eye coordination. I'm usually the thing she is following but today I tried to get a video of her following a rattle. I needed a little more coordination to video and shake the rattle at the same time?!? But Marin did great!


I need to video her in her bouncy seat next. She will swat at her toys when she is sitting in it. She won't last long in there but it's usually what she plays in while I make dinner. Next time....

1 comment:

Betsy@Living in the Moment said...

You are doing such a good job of documenting everything! I love the video of her sleeping so peaceful and calming and love her little snores. Love you guys!