Search This Blog

Monday, November 8, 2010

Hospital Tour

So we decided that we better figure out where our hospital is so that if this kiddo decides to make an appearance early, we would have an idea where we were going!?!? Good idea, huh? (But we thought we were the slacker parents at 33 weeks but there was a lady there that was 39 weeks touring the hospital....she made us feel good about ourselves. So thanks, cute pregnant lady.)

Prentice Women's Hospital is so nice. It's new and very organized and well, the security is probably equivalent to the Pentagon. Thankfully, we had already decided to spend the first two weeks together as a new little family. If not, no one would be able to see us anyways because they do not have security clearance. :o)

We got to see each floor and room that we would go in through the whole process. There are three. The first room is to make sure I'm really in labor. Once they decide that "it's the big day", they send me to another room that is HUGE! It is pretty nice. I won't lie. But that is the room she will make her grand appearance in. And she will do it easily without any complications. Right, Marin? Then we get to go to another room where we will stay for a couple of days. It was a lot of rooms. The two births I have seen, everything happened in one room. The rooms were nice though.

But we've done the registration and have all the paperwork to turn in. So very strange that it is getting so close. Exciting, exciting!

2 comments:

Jami said...

Encourage Marin to break your water. If your water breaks, you won't have to go to the first room :-) (my Emma experience). Then, you will only have two rooms. My advice is to get to the second room as soon as possible. Moan, groan, and really carry on while you are in the first room (while a nurse is in there; you and Burke can be cute, take pictures, and be excited when the nurse leaves.) When I was in labor with Logan, they kept me in that first room (which was cramped and HOT) for way too long because I didn't "look" like I was in labor. If I had known that I should have looked a certain way to get the better room, well, let's just say I'd have given the women in those birthing movies a run for their money :-) Good luck! It is so much fun! If you want to hear positive labor experiences, call me. I had wonderful experiences. No complications, pushed very little, and the babies popped out :-)

Betsy@Living in the Moment said...

Oh Mama! Pretty soon those picture blocks at the top of your blog will be filled with pics of your beauty. This Aunt can hardly stand the wait!