Search This Blog

Monday, November 29, 2010

25 Days Until....

Until MARIN arrives!!! Ok, and Christmas. Burke and I have decorated the home for the holidays!


Here is our tree. We went back and forth with the real or fake tree dilemma. But Garden Ridge had a HUGE sale on artificial trees and so that pretty much solved the problem. I'm actually a little glad we went this route...allergies and bugs (heard some scary spider stories) worried me a bit with a newborn baby on the way. Next year who knows....

But I love it lit up at night! Now we just have to wrap presents/packages and put them under the tree!


And the stockings are hung by the chimney...I mean giant tv...with care....


Some of my favorite sentimental Christmas decorations.....
I love old family photos! These are Christmas picture of me and my sister and then Burke and his siblings. Burke and I are both the babies in the pictures.


My nativity scene from Uganda. I have one friend that collects these from all the countries she visits. I loved that idea but we started collected ornaments from our trips instead.


The basket of Christmas books (stole the idea from my friend Debbie). I love this basket because there are new books and books from my childhood in the basket. We've already started reading them to Marin. The Best Christmas Pageant Ever is one of my favorite Christmas chapter books. I would love for it to be a tradition to read it every Christmas. The children's theatre here is putting on the play and we are going to try and go! So adorable!


Love those Christmas colors!


And now for some of the special ornaments of the year:
Last year we were in Nova Scotia....

This year...(tilt your head to the right)....our FIRST CHRISTMAS in CHICAGO!!


We have several of these picture ornaments of all that we've done in 2010. I have a little Christmas scrapbook and I plan on putting a page labeled 2010 and putting all the pictures from the ornaments in it. Each year, I will add a new page for each year (2011, 2012...) and add the pictures we used for the ornaments in the scrapbook. Then each year we can look through the book and see all the adventures and how our family has changed over the years.


Here is the ornament from MayeMaye to remind us each year that I was big and pregnant with Marin at Christmas time! Adorable! (Sorry so dark...the flash on my camera isn't working. Argh.

Mimi gave us this ornament last year from Washington DC. It's beautiful!

And of course....all the baby's first Christmas ornaments. Hopefully, we will remember to replace random kid's picture with Marin's picture.
And nothing says the holidays like a good cold! Burke is fighting with one now and I am doing my best to prevent one from coming. Colds are horrible and they take forever to go away. This stuff may be a permanent part of our Christmas decorations for a while!

No comments: