Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Marin's Arrival Story

Marin is here!! She made a surprise, unexpected entrance. We were putting away Christmas decorations and waiting for contractions to signal "the time" when my water broke at home. Not really knowing what I was experiencing, we went back and forth trying to decide what had just happened. We called the doctor and he told us to head to the hospital. We were excited but had expected hours of contractions so it wasn't as dramatic as we expected. :o)

Here we are leaving to go to Northwestern Hospital.

We arrived in triage and they ran some test just to make sure my water did break (and I didn't wet my pants) and then we were admitted. Once we were in the room, they gave me an IV with penicillin and potocin (sp?). I had tested positive for Group B Strep (apparently it's not a big deal just had to have penicillin during labor). With my water breaking, they wanted to try and progress the labor to prevent infection....so potocin for FOUR hours and I still hadn't "felt" a contraction or dialated past 3 cm. So they checked me out and I had an extra bag of water between Marin's head and my cervix (?). They busted the water bag and BAM! Contractions and dialation strong and hard. Woohoo!! Finally. I got my epideral (which HURT) and then we tried to rest before the real action began.

A little info on Dad: Burke was AMAZING!!!!! He was much more "hands on" than he had expected to be, he held a leg, and counted for me on several pushes. I couldn't have done it without him. Sidenote: Our labor nurse was a mix between Jillian Micheals and a Real Desperate Housewife. I kinda wanted to hit her. So Burke kept me smiling and pushing!
I pushed for 2 hours and 40 minutes and....
Marin Jordan Brednich finally arrived!

Our first meeting was perfect! She is PERFECT!

8 lbs and 15oz
20 inches long

Our first family photo! We love her so very much!

Precious!

In the room, the only time I got to hold Marin was to feed her. :o) Burke couldn't get enough of her and she of him! Here is reading her the New York Times from his Kindle. (Makes me smile.)

Seriously.....she's perfect.




We love you, Marin!

1 comment:

awalton said...

you are too good putting the story on here so soon!! i know lots of people are waiting to hear all the wonderful details of this sweet little girl's arrival! ya'll look great and Marin is absolutely beautiful! so glad to hear you are back home and everyone is doing well. and yes, those big healthy babies do like to eat, ha! but they also sleep well too and are super great cuddlers so it all evens out... :) what a sweet baby girl!!