Search This Blog

Friday, December 31, 2010

More of Marin

Marin is doing so well at home! She is getting on a little schedule and is such a happy baby!! She eats about every 3 hours and when she is awake, she is such a little observer.

We are using the bibs a lot because Marin LOVES to eat. Look at those cheeks for proof. Speaking of eating, breastfeeding is going GREAT! (Thanks Amanda for all your help.) I wasn't sure if it would work for us but honestly (this may be TMI), I love hearing her gulp when she eats. And my favorite is when she is done, she has a big smile with milk ALL OVER HER MOUTH. It really is just too cute. She gets her appetite honest though. Her mom and dad both enjoy a good meal.
Burke actually had to go to work today just for a day thing. Here he is saying goodbye for the day. I know Marin is the star of the blog now but I love Burke's face in both of these pictures. It kinda makes me tear up. He LOVES LOVES LOVES this baby girl. She is so very lucky. And so am I.


Our friends here in Chicago gave us these infant cards as a baby gift. They are black and white pictures of jungle animals.

Marin loved them!! She would just look and look at each picture. She is a genius, of course.

Trying out her swing....

And helping Mommy with dinner....seriously, look at those cheeks.
And no one really talks/prepares you for the "recovery stage" of pregnancy. Uh, ouch. I am still a bit sore but every day gets better and I know that one day soon I will be able to walk again without looking like a just finished riding a horse cross country without a saddle.....twice. :o) (Thank you Heather for all your help! I have great friends.)

And when does this go away?? Wasn't expecting elephant feet after delivery?!?!? Seriously, how do I make it go away? I elevate them when I can but it's hard with the all the other "uncomfortable issues" going on right now. Any suggestions?

But Burke and I are loving being parents to this precious little girl and want to wish everyone a Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Betsy@Living in the Moment said...

Thank you for the posts. Please try to post every minute. If not every minute, then every hour, if not every hour then please everyday. :) Ha! Sorry about the swollen feet and ankles and I'm even more sorry to tell you that I had swolleness for about a year after Carson was born. yikes!! My feet definitely grew 1 whole size.;( Training for a half marathon helped. ;) Love you!

Carolyn said...

Love the pics...and the updates and your fun humor in every step of the way. She is so so sweet. Can't wait to get my hands on her. I may be biased but she is pretty stinkin' cute. She must get it from the better of the Brednich brothers and his amazing wife :)

I love you! She's here. I still can't even believe you are a Mom!

Carolyn said...

Love the pics...and the updates and your fun humor in every step of the way. She is so so sweet. Can't wait to get my hands on her. I may be biased but she is pretty stinkin' cute. She must get it from the better of the Brednich brothers and his amazing wife :)

I love you! She's here. I still can't even believe you are a Mom!