Search This Blog

Friday, September 16, 2011

Farm

I wrote this out a long time ago but forgot to post it. Sorry, Amanda. :o) 
So here is some of the farm stuff I did with the Beluga. I will admit that my nerdy teacher self had a lot of fun with this! We are going out of town to visit family but when we get back we want to go to the petting farm at the zoo too! 

First, these were some of the yard sale finds that Marin hadn't got to play with yet. 
So I pulled them out for farm fun!
1. A cow xylophone to bang on while we sang farm songs. 
2. The cutest wooden shape sorter except instead of shapes it was farm animals that
you put in the barn. Cute. Cute. Of course, she just wanted to pull out the animals and eat them. :o)
3. One of her favorites was the farm puzzle. Each animal made its sound when you put it in the puzzle and then it sang Old MacDonald. She actually would try to put this one back together. The sheep made her mad though. :o)
4. BOOKS! (My favorite!)


5. We read Click Clack 123 and Click Clack ABC and then she played with magnet numbers
and letters on a cookie sheet. This was a bigger hit than I expected. She would drag the magnets around and take them off...eat them a little...then drag them around the cookie sheet again.
 It was fun to watch her. 
6.  Our first little felt board story. :o) I glued felt on the back of the cookie sheet to make a felt board then we sang "Five Clean Squeaky Pigs". She didn't really care about this though. She liked the song but it wasn't a whole lot of fun for her to take the felt pigs on and off. And they didn't taste good either. :o)
7. My favorites....the square felt farm animals. I found a little pattern/tutorial online and decided to make these for songs. I put different fillings in each one to give a different texture. I haven't finished all of them yet (I blame my friend Amanda for introducing me to the Hunger Games trilogy). 
8. Our farm shakers! She does love these....corn kernals with lima bean painted farm animals (cow, chicks, and pigs). Lima beans were a big math manipulative trend when I taught Kindergarten so I did some for Marin. 

Playing with the magnets.

I put her in her high chair so I could do dishes and she played with the magnets in
a pie pan the whole time. Very helpful. :o)

Pulling out the farm animals to chew on. 

Since climbing is one of her new favorite things to do, I put her chunky farm puzzle pieces on the tv cabinet for her to climb up and get. 


She got the cow! 

Since she loves songs so much, I think I will try and put together some music stuff for her next! Then it is all about FALL!!!

No comments: