Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas in Chicago!

We went downtown to see the big Christmas tree and to write a letter to Santa. The tree was beautiful of course. We wanted to eat lunch at the Walnut Room again this year but the wait was 4 hours long and that just wasn't going to happen. Between sickness, teething, and pregnancy, we are all a bit slow moving this holiday season and we waited just a bit too long. But we did get to see the tree and get some pictures. :o)


Writing her letter to Santa....
She wants a baby doll diaper bag, a doctor's kit, and a Little People Airplane. :o) 

She wanted the whole box of crayons.
(Oh, and she wants some toddler crayons and a coloring book for her stocking. :o)

Mailing her letter to Santa....

Family! 
Hollis at 31 Weeks 
 And just for fun.....


And I don't want to forget this part of the day because it makes me laugh.... 
Since we couldn't eat lunch at the Walnut Room we thought we would just look around the block for another place to try since we were downtown. Right when we left Macy's I felt someone tugging at my bag and turned around to find a small group of teenagers. I was a little suspicious but didn't want to be crazy, so I just moved my bag to the front and kept an eye on them. Of course, there was never a time for me to fill Burke in on any of this. Plus I figured we would lose them in the crowd, etc. But, no, every turn we made, they made. We stopped to look at a menu at one place and they stopped to look at the window of the store next to it. So now I am really concerned and just want to get in somewhere. Again, Burke is clueless. So the next place we come to, Burke is tired of looking and I'm afraid for our lives and we both agree, this is where we will have our special little downtown Christmas lunch. As we are going up to the restaurant I fill Burke in on the situation and we both notice they are sitting right outside the place waiting. Yikes. But once we get up to the door, we realize we have chosen a place that can only be described as Hooters. I could not stop laughing. Seriously. We were definitely the only family dressed up in our Christmas attire there. In fact, I may have been one of maybe 3 other female costumers (Marin included). It was hilarious. We were surprised Marin didn't want to nurse the entire time. But they did have a changing table station in the women's bathroom, so they were family friendly. I'm not sure that we will necessarily start a Christmas lunch tradition at the booby place, but it will be a really funny memory. And by the time we left, our muggers had disappeared. :o) 

No comments: