Search This Blog

Thursday, December 15, 2011

A few 1st Christmas favorites....

I think I may be getting a little sentimental as this pregnancy progresses. This morning I watched video from the day Marin was born and got all ooey gooey. So ooey gooey I may have rocked her to sleep during her morning nap and held her while she was sleeping for maybe 30 minutes. Ok, 45 minutes before I put her down. :o) She is just way too busy these days for me to hold her and snuggle with her and today she did just that and I most definitely took advantage of it. 

But...so I don't forget the little things about her 1st Christmas, here are a few of the things she plays with all the time this season. 

Dollar Tree jingle bell ornaments.
These have been the best. They are all over the floor all the time but she has a blast with them.
I put them back on her tree for her periodically just so she can have the joy of pulling them off.
It's almost like a Christmas "Easter egg hunt" for her to find them on her tree. 

These were mine growing up.
If you think it's crazy my mom kept these little books, you should see the red reindeer sweatshirt I painted for her in, oh, 4th or 5th grade....THAT SHE STILL WEARS EVERY CHRISTMAS!!!
But I am thankful she is a pack rat because Marin pulls these little books in and out of the box all the time. 

These are the "safe ornaments" on our big family tree. She's actually not real interested in our big tree
but I put ornaments that can't hurt her on the bottom, just in case she became curious.
These are her favorites....an Alabama football helmet that lights up (Thanks, Cissy), my grandmother's  little Christmas pillow ornaments, and a plastic one. 

Just because she is so cute I could eat her up in this photograph. 

She is getting more and more interested in books.
And actually has favorites that she will consistently drag out and bring to us.
And her favorite from her Christmas basket is....

Elmo's 12 Days of Christmas
She has no idea who Elmo is but she loves this book.
Of course, we usually only get to day 5 in the book before she starts playing with
something else. But she pulls it out all the time. 

No comments: