Search This Blog

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Marin's Room...In Progress....

So all the pregnancy emails and updates say that I need to start the nursery in the 2nd trimester when I have energy and feel better. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I wish. But since I am not setting up a classroom or library right now (boohoo), I have started decorated Marin's room. Here is a preview...

First, the rocking horse her daddy got for her....


The polka dot fabric is going to be a "Wall Book Sling". I found the how to instructions in the August Family Fun magazine. It will be a sling that mounts on the wall with curtain rods to hold books.

The striped and floral fabric has become the crib skirt. Pictures below...

The rug we found on SALE!!! It matches all the colors perfectly,

Here is the crib we put together in the living room to give us more space...only it didn't fit through the door of her bedroom so we had to take it apart and put it back together. But it's cute (and was on SALE). I made the crib skirt with the floral and striped fabric alternating. The Marin picture will be framed with a white frame and hung above her crib.

Closeup of the floral crib skirt. Loved that fabric!!

Close up of the striped fabric on the sides....
With her monogrammed blanket (thank you Maye Maye) and matching Boppy pillow.

A close up of the name picture with Amanda Jones inspiration:

I had an old window frame that I wanted to do something with so I used our pregnancy pictures to frame inside it. I will eventually change the pictures to 5x7 size so that it covers most of the window with only a small strip of the pink showing in each pane. Burke picked out the M....


And the teacher in me couldn't resist the ABC picture I found at Target. I loved all the colors too! It will hang above the fabric book sling once it's made....


I have a few more sewing projects left to do but it is coming together!!

5 comments:

awalton said...

wow, look at you with all those sewing projects... so impressed! you could probably start your own business or something! :) and i thought that looked like an Amanda Jones original, so cute. Love the colors!

J + A said...

love your creativity!! you have inspired me to keep sewing:) i am SO glad that class is over as well, we made it!!!

Anonymous said...

The room is looking so cute! I never knew how talented you really are!!! The Mommy thing is really bringing out the creativeness in you! I love it!!!
God Bless, DeeDee

Betsy@Living in the Moment said...

Amazing outstanding! I only wish I could see it in person. HIlarious that it didn't fit through the door. Happened to us to! And then we did it again with Carson's crib!! I guess we forgot! Can you send me intructions for how to make the book sling? Love that idea! YOu and Burke have done an amazing job!!! Love the marin sign! Love you!

heather byars said...

you are so crafty you make me sick!! love love all the fabrics and colors!! miss you!!