Search This Blog

Friday, August 27, 2010

A Pottery Date

A few weeks ago we got a Groupon deal for a paint your own pottery place. So today we had a little pottery date. This was Burke's first time to paint pottery. (I am really thankful that Burke will do things like this with me because I know he would have rather been throwing the football at the park.....love him....) Burke picked a hippo bank to paint for Marin and I chose a pumpkin for Halloween (have I mentioned I'm excited about fall???). Here are some "action" shots...

The artist at work...on his 18th coat...

Gloppy the Hippo Bank

Love the goggles and love Marin's name....


And the pumpkin almost complete...

Trick or Treat!

We go back in a week to get the glazed, shiny pieces!
Then we ate lunch at a cute little cafe in a fun part of town. The weather was PERFECT so we sat outside! Again, I am so excited about fall in Chicago. It was delicious, but I ate too much and Marin didn't like it.

No comments: