Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Summer Fun and Snuggles with Dad

So Burke and I have taken up three new hobbies this summer....yard sales, grilling, and tennis. We have so much fun doing all three of these things.
Here in Chicago, a whole neighborhood will have "community sales", so you just park your car, get a map, and walk around. It is so fun to just be outside and go on "treasure hunts".  I will have to do another post to show some of our finds.
We got a $25 grill at Target. We didn't want to spend a lot of money on one because we weren't sure if we would actually use it since neither one of us had really done any grilling before. We have already got our money's worth out of it. We have made burgers, hot dogs, bratwursts, chicken, pork, and veggie kabobs. Burke is definitely a grill master. We love it.
And finally tennis....
The park closest to our new place has tennis courts, so we have been going in the afternoon. Please know that I do not have one athletic bone in my body. Poor Burke. But even he said the first day, "This is going 100% better than I had expected." It made me laugh. In case you are wondering, yes, I hit the ball. Our goal was to hit it back and forth 10x. Today we made it to 20! Woohoo! And Marin loves sitting in her stroller, watching, and chewing on anything she can reach.

And for the pictures....

Snuggle, snuggle...



Melt. My. Heart.

She loves standing up these days. 


Flying like Dad

"SuperMarin"



I LOVE these two so very much! 

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

So cute. Daddy and her girl - love it!