Search This Blog

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Baby's Room Possibilities.....

So this is the bedding I'm probably going to get....except it will have CHOCOLATE stripes. And if its a girl then we will throw in some hot pink fabrics here and there and if its a boy...bright blue. Its plain and simple (which is very Burke and Stacey) but without knowing the gender (sorry Sarah, although your frustration is slightly entertaining to me because, well, I am a mean person), we have to go pretty neutral and I will not do anything with a zoo or jungle or ABCs theme...or ugly pastel colors. BLAH!

So, today I went to the craft store and found this fun fabric with all the colors we may need...brown, hot pink, bright blue, and some green. It is bright and cheery even though it doesn't look like it in this picture.

And with the fun stripes...some polka dots! This may be for the changing table cover thing or a little trim around the stripes.

Now this fabric will go on this shelf (AKA the baby's soon to be transformed into a little wardrobe because Mommy has to use your closet) shelf. The fabric will be a curtain and we will hang any clothes or clutter I want to hide. More pictures of the shelf/wardrobe transformation to come. We are slow moving these days. Well, I am slow moving these days. I am still waiting for the 2nd trimester bliss. I still have the 2nd trimester blaughh (that was meant to be a throw up sound but I don't know how to spell a throw up sound).


And for the blue and pink baskets we already have...I bought some brown rick rack to wrap around and tie in the brown theme a bit.

And the latest basket purchase, big bright green ones. They will get some brown rick rack too and they will go on the "wardrobe".
And this is a little side note. Joann's had baseball card frames on sale for 60% off! I was excited. Burke was eh. But I love personal things framed and hung. Much more meaningful than store bought artwork. Burke has 1800 billion baseball cards from his childhood all stored in a box. I just thought it would be fun to frame them and if its a boy they can go into the baby's room. If its a girl, they can go in the baby' room. Or the kitchen. I mean, 60% off.

1 comment:

heather byars said...

white bedding? you are brave. i love the fabric!! neither of ours has a closet all to themselves. we all have to share. don't stress the baby won't know if their room is finished or not! love you!