Search This Blog

Friday, January 21, 2011

2011 Things to Do List (and some more baby....)

A little late but....
2011 Things to do List:

1. Read more. Pregnancy sucked my attention span dry and the only thing I could manage to read while pregnant were blogs and magazines. Short and sweet snip its was about all I could stay focused for....but I have a stack of children's books I want to read and two bookshelves full of books I have wanted to read for some time now. And now...2011...I'm reading them. Burke is a great reader. He reads all the time and I've been so jealous of it. So the pregnancy is over and I've already completed Al Capone Does my Laundry and now I am on to The View from Saturday (A Newbery Medal award winning book). So far so good.


2. Shape-up. Exercise is on my list every year but this year it seems even more important. After having a baby, my body needs a little firming up, toning, shaping, etc. And I've had this body for 31 years now and know that I do not have high metabolism or great DNA that allows this to happen overnight. I am going to have to be intentional with getting my body healthy....for me, my wonderful husband, and my cute, adorable, precious daughter!


3. Church. This is a big one. I have some church issues and Burke works a lot of weekends so there is a good chance I would be going solo a good bit. We have tried a couple of churches here already but they haven't seemed to "fit" for us. But I have a friend here who is planting a church in March and Burke and I have decided to give it a try. I'll keep you posted on this one...


4. Teacher Blog. I started a teacher blog back in the fall simply to have a place to write down fun ideas and lessons I have read about or thought of when daydreaming about a future classroom. But of course, I posted twice and then haven't done anything since. Since I have a really expensive education, I think I should try and use it some how, some way. And the blog allows me to do that while I am snuggling with Marin....then someday maybe I can actually use those ideas posted in my classroom.


5. Home Stuff. Cook one new recipe a week. Sew more so that I can learn more and getting better at it. And consistently work on a digital scrapbook for Marin's first year. I decided to do the digital scrapbook as her baby book because of this blog post. It just looks so cute!

And now pictures:
We decided to try out the Baby Bjorn. Marin looks so uncomfortable but she loved it. She fell asleep in it everytime.



And I had to pump the other night and Burke got to feed her a bottle! She gobbled it up and then came to me for some more. Seriously, the girl likes to eat.

No comments: