Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Cousin Book

Marin loves photographs. She watches the digital picture frame all the time. And since she is so lucky to have 10 cousins that live in 3 different states, I decided to make her a little cousin book! (I'm a nerd, I know.) I made the book following the Brown Bear, Brown Bear text with pictures of all of her cousins. This way she will be familiar with them even though they live far away!

The cover...


Each page as a different picture of Marin that reads, "Marin, Marin, Who do you see?"
Then the next page is a picture of a cousin that reads, "I see Carson looking at me."



It has all the cousins in it and it really turned out adorable. Marin loves looking at the photographs. Plus, I used a coupon and got it really cheap. :o)

A grandparent/aunt/uncle book will be next. Then a fun book about Burke flying. Marin definitely knows when her daddy isn't here and there is a HUGE difference when he comes home. I have been telling Burke this forever but he didn't buy it since she is so little. But now, I think he is starting to believe it. Especially when she can't hold in all of her smiles when he walks in the door. Even Skype calls with him when is away will calm her and make her happy. The girl loves her daddy. So even though we read the Plane book when he is away, I think a real picture book would be good for her too!

4 comments:

awalton said...

Great idea!! i made an alphabet book for Hannah's first birthday of pictures of Hannah with different things or just pictures of her favorite things that year. She LOVED looking at it and it helped learning her letters! Think about that this year as you travel to take pictures of Marin with different things/people/animals and that way you have a great collection when the time comes, if it's something you want to do. :)

Carolyn said...

Oh great...since this auntie can't follow through...she now sees blurry boy cousins?? Or did you just banish my kids completely. :( So sorry. I shoulda known you don't wait around Miss Type A :)

Carolyn said...

But I do think the idea is super cute!

Jami said...

What a great idea! So cute! Maybe I'll do something similar for Logan's baby book (that I haven't finished yet) :-).