Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Marin's Visit to Texas

Marin had her 3rd trip this month....Austin, Texas! We went down to Texas to visit friends and family and had a great time!

First stop Thursday night....Kelly and Jolee's! The newly engaged couple picked Marin and I up from the airport!

We were so excited to spend the night with Jolee and catch up but unfortunately my allergies kicked in with her pets and I broke out into hives. Burke had a bad experience with hives and allergies so at around 10:30pm we had to move to a new location for the night. Thankfully, my friend Debbie with 5 kids (remember her?) lives close and didn't have any pets. She was so very sweet to let us crash at their house. She even had a mini nursery all set up for us in Daniel's room (thank you Daniel for giving up your room). Seriously, Debbie, thank you for answering your phone that late. :o) I loved getting to visit with you!
Needless to say, Marin was exhausted. She slept great and then we walked the 4 big kids to school the next morning. We may have been a little tired but it was SO GREAT to be walking OUTSIDE!!


On Friday, Jolee picked us up and we headed down to Smith Elementary! It was so much fun to see everyone at school. They were all dressed up for Read Across America week...everyone looked adorable. Sadly, I didn't get one picture (probably because I was too busy running my mouth and catching up with people). But Marin did a great job at school being passed around visiting with everyone. (Jolee, thanks for a wonderful day! So good to see you!)

Then Friday night, the family was so sweet to come to our room for pizza. Marin was a bit tired. But she LOOOOOOVVVVEEEEDDDDD Caden. She smiled at every word, sound, and noise that came out of his mouth. Loved him!


She's probably looking at Caden here....

Snuggling with Uncle Brig....


Holding hands...


And then the first of many exhaustion meltdowns. We may have pushed it with three trips so close together. And yes, I am one of those wackadoo mothers that's gonna hold her baby when she is crying/scared/tired/PMS. I promise to break out of the habit when she is 42.

Marin was able to steal a little lap time with Aunt Betsy...

Because most of the weekend her lap looked like this....


On Saturday morning, Caden had a basketball game that we were all able to go to. Here is three generation of Brednichs....(Marin is geting hungry.)

With Honey...
Marin's cute little monkey onesie was made by Aunt Betsy! She had fun wearing it!

I was able to steal some Kate time! But her sippy cup was the trick in getting her attention. Once she was out of juice, I was chopped liver. But I sure did enjoy holding her!

I love this picture of Kate and Honey watching Caden play.


The blurry blue one is Caden. Argh, my camera.

Saturday afternoon, Marin and I had to run over to Brooke's wedding shower! Again, it was so good to see her (and her mom and aunt!). We had a great time catching up and Marin did so great again being the potato in the never ending game of hot potato. But once we left, she was EXHAUSTED (as you can see)...

On Sunday, we packed up with Betsy and Kate and Carson and headed to DFW. I wish I could figure out how to get video off of my phone because I have the cutest video of Kate singing the Itsy Bitsy spider...precious! And Carson has a few videos himself. Burke is sick of this statement, but I love Carson's voice. He is talking so much more than the last time we saw him and he has the cutest, raspy voice! Loved it.
The car ride was great up until the very end when Marin woke up hungry. She's like her mom and dad when it comes to food. So we had a bit of a meltdown. The sweet part was that as I was leaned over the front seat consoling Marin, Carson was rubbing my back. So very sweet. But Burke got us to our destination ASAP and we fed that girl until she was happy and full again.
We had a great dinner with the Gowen family and then headed to the airport for our 8pm flight. Of course, we get there and we are the last two names on the standby list and the broken seat on the plane didn't seem hopeful. But luckily, a pilot took the jumpseat and few passengers played musical chairs and Burke and I were able to sit together. We landed, hopped on the train, grabbed the bus and got home at around midnight! Shew! Marin has slept most of the week so far! It was a fast and busy trip but it was so great to see so many friends and family!

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Wheeww. Sounds like a whirlwind that I wish we could have been a part of :) We coulda turned it into a tornado in no time!

Love the picture update (esp. the precious one of Caden and Marin)

Oh, and I love her pouty cry. So sweet.