Search This Blog

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Eat your Veggies!

Burke and I love food....all kinds and types. We love trying new restuarants.We are those people that will try the craziest thing on the menu and more than likely love it. We love trying new recipes. This is one of the things I love about being married to Burke. I can make just about anything I want to....from Mexican dishes to Southern dishes and everything in between. It's a creative outlet for me sometimes. I love it. So, for the month of April we are going to try something new. We are going to be vegetarians for the month. I've seen too many books, articles, and interviews that talk about the positive health benefits of a vegetarian diet....so we are going to give it a try. And of course, my sweet husband, is all in for the "experiment". For April we will try new recipes and see if we can tell a difference in our overall health. I'm excited!

Some recipes on the menu...
Sweet Potato and Black Bean Chili
Homemade Tomato and Basil Pizza or White Pizza with Broccoli and Mushrooms
Greek Veggie Burgers (We've actually already made these and they are SO GOOD!)
Spring Vegetable Minestrone
Pita Quesadillas with Cilantro Hummus
Lots of salads!
Plus some Green Smoothies....thanks Brig!