Search This Blog

Monday, September 6, 2010

Fargo, North Dakota and a little Minnesota....

Burke had another 4 day trip where two of the days he was going to be stuck in Fargo, North Dakota. So, I tagged along on his flight to keep him company. A lot of people think pilots have an "easy" life...but really its a lot of time away from home and family in addition to the normal annoying work environments. I love Burke for many reasons but I love him for working hard for our little family. (Happy Labor Day, dear.) But I loved spending some time with him in Fargo.

Well, there wasn't a whole lot to do in Fargo. We watched a movie, went to a thrift store (did buy Marin a KU cap that I want to use the Jayhawk for a dress for her...) and then we drove over to Minnesota...another exciting place.....


So there really isn't much in North Dakota or Minnesota but we did find the Comstock Historic House to "tour".


Here is a picture of it now and a picture of it then. (I love old pictures!)

We watched a very poorly made video about the Comstock family and their many contributions to the town of Moorhead. Here we are watching the movie...so intrigued. And then a picture of Marin watching the slideshow. The girl is a kicker.


I took tons of pictures of things in the house. None of them are too interesting but here are a few...
Mr. Comstock's travel trunk...I would hate to travel with that thing.
The stove...very neat to me.
And one of the first bathrooms with running water. I especially like the can of Febreeze on the tub.


Once we left the Comstock house, we asked the tour guide if there was anything else we should check out. He told us that the Dairy Queen down the street was the home of the first Dilly bar! So, we went and got one. So. exciting.
Then back to Fargo. I will say that one exciting thing came out of the trip. Hornbacker's grocery store. Although, they had a sign posted saying that there will not be pumpkin because of a bad crop this season, they had about 10 cans left. So we bought 6 of them....
And one can has already turned into my favorite pumpkin apple muffin and bread!! Oh pumpkin!


The plane ride home had a beautiful view of these clouds. If only I didn't hate flying through them....


It, of course, is always fun to spend time with Burke in random places around America. And pretty soon, we will have a little one traveling with us. Even though we know it will be different and a little more difficult, we are excited about Marin being with us.

1 comment:

Betsy@Living in the Moment said...

I can just hear Burke saying ,"Dilly!" in that weird Brednich voice eating that dilly bar.