Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A Housewife

So school has officially started here and I am not in a classroom. Although hundreds and hundreds of teachers were let go last year and schools here are in pretty bad shape, it still at times doesn't make me feel any better. I miss the classroom and the cuties coming in with their backpacks on and the pancake syrup still covered all over their mouths. I even miss the annoying kids. And...they aren't taking substitute applications. Let me repeat. They are not taking substitute applications this year. They have too many displaced teachers (reread the second sentence). I can't even substitute. Geez. And although I have searched and applied to a bazillion jobs and they don't discriminate against pregnant women, no one seems to want to hire an oompa loompa. Jerks.


The positive of this post is that I love, love, love being a "housewife". When it comes to domestic stuff, I could have popped right out of 1952 (without the perfect hair and make-up). But I do love cleaning. In fact, I just cleaned the refrigerator...like CLEEEEAAAAANNNNNEEEDDD the refrigerator and now I feel all ooey gooey inside because I am going to do laundry next. I have my fall scented candles burning, the fall air through the open windows, the bed is made, and the vaccuum has already done its work this morning. And I am about to make a grocery list for some new recipes I want to cook. Really, I am a nerd when it comes to being a housewife. Burke would agree...about the nerd part. I do love it. I mean, I do love being in my pajamas all day too but cleaning and cooking and housewife-ish jobs do make me happy. So lucky for me, even though I do miss the classroom, I do love my new "job". (Additional note: Just because I love cleaning....doesn't mean I'm good at it...)

So now that you all know I am a freak....the other day I was blog stalking and came across this oh so fun "Fast and Furious Fall Cleaning". OooooOoOoOOOooooH! I am excited. I am not sure what this lady is going to post on her blog for the week of October 4-9 but I am in. This will be right after our last baby shower, so it will be perfect timing for some baby organization and cleaning. Plus, it probably will be getting colder here so I can switch out seasonal clothes. (Side note: I am so excited about cooler weather. And I am even more excited about snow. Happy about these seasons in Chicago.) I like Fall Cleaning. And Spring cleaning.

(Mother, cough cough, maybe you should do it with me, cough cough. :o)

3 comments:

Betsy@Living in the Moment said...

I'm jealous. And you are not an oompa loompa!

heather byars said...

this has been the hardest year to go back to school. i think i would like to stay home. at least i am not full time! i am loving you as a housewife and i can't wait to see you as a mommy! you will be so good, i will have to not be your friend anymore!! ha ha!

Jami said...

Oh my! You are the anti-me! I hate all things domestic, but I do love playing with my kiddos :-). Much luck to you!