Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Newspaper

When Burke is home, we have gotten into a little routine of waking up and reading the paper. Well, Burke reads the paper. I read more cheerful things like blogs. Occasionally, he will share with me stories like the one about the man in Baltimore that went into a hospital and shot people. Then I quickly go back to reading about how to make Halloween decorations from mason jars and tissue paper....

He's so cute reading the paper. Carolyn, Betsy...wanna talk about how cute Burke is? I usually sit really, really close to him because he still hasn't woken up enough to realize how annoying that is to him.

But today I was running some errands. I ran into the store Tuesday Morning. I love that store. Mostly because of the educational toys and books they sale for dirt cheap. But today I found this....

It's a little kid newspaper. SO. CUTE. The mommy in me had to get it because I picture Marin sitting on the couch next to her daddy reading her little newspaper too. The teacher in me had to get it because it has an "article" about the weather (they can point to what the weather is like outside each day), a feelings article, a letter to the editor (where you can talk about a different letter of the alphabet), and even a place I can put pictures of Marin! Had to get it.

I promise not to raise this child to be a complete nerd. But it was just too cute. Now the goal is to actually remember I have this in a few years when she can possibly appreciate it. Yikes.

1 comment:

heather byars said...

you need to have friends and family send in articles about themselves for the paper. then marin can learn about them! they could also do some op ed pieces about the state of our government! ha ha! you are too creative and cute - please stop, or you can get me one of whatever you are getting so i can seem creative as well!!