Search This Blog

Monday, October 18, 2010

Monthly Picture for Marin's Baby Book

The last time I was in Austin, my friend Debbie with five kids, told me about her friend's blog (HERE). I loved the idea she had on her blog and wanted to make one for Marin. The idea...a 12 month onesie with a felt box. I added ribbon around mine because I can't seem to do anything in a straight line these days and I thought it would cover up my mistakes. But you can still see the lopsided-ness. I'm not changing it. It will be lopsided like me.

But then you cut out felt numbers 1-12. On each of Marin's monthly "birthdays" for her first year, we can put her in the onesie and add the appropriate number for that month. Of course for the first month it will swallow her up...but then we will get to watch her grow into it as the year progresses.

The full onesie view....


Felt border....


For her first month "birthday"...


Then next we will just take the one off and stick the 2....and so on....


All the felt numbers for each month up to her first birthday!


Her baby book has a page for each month of her first year with a space for her big milestones for that month. Plus there is a space for a picture. I thought this would be a perfect photo to put in that place each month. I'm not much of a scrapbook kind of person but I want to be real intentional on keeping her baby book up to date for her first year. My friend Debbie with 5 kids has a baby book for each of her kids and they are precious. I guess you can say she is my inspiration for this project. So when Marin is 16 and going on her first date she will have Debbie to thank when I pull out her baby book to show off.
But after the first year....our blog will have to be her scrapbook!

No comments: