Search This Blog

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Parenting Practice...or...Babysitting

A couple of weekends ago, Burke and I babysat for a friend one night. Aubrey is the most adorable little girl. We really did enjoy it and it gave us lots of opportunities to talk about the things we feel are important about parenting, etc. We read books, were the human jungle gym, watched her play with diaper wipes for at least an hour longer than any of her toys....and when the night got later...she crawled into my lap and snuggled with me. I won't lie. That was my favorite part.

I have been babysitting/working with children for oh, about 15 or so years. Man, that makes me sound really, really, reeeeaaaaaaallllllllyyyyyy old. I've learned a lot about children from classes and experiences. Burke, on the other hand, is just a natural. He had a respected father friend (thanks, Courtley) give him the advice "get on the floor with them and play" and that's exactly what he did. I love how important it is to him that Marin feels loved and not only that but he wants to give her the attention to prove it. That's one of the reasons we don't have cable (that and we are cheap). But he does worry he will be to distracted by television. He works hard for us and his job isn't the typical 9-5 job. So when he is home, he makes his time at home count....with me now....and I know even more once our little one arrives. I love him. And I have a ton to learn from this man.

Story time...


A wagon ride....

Just so cute!


(Sorry if I am a little sappy in this post...Burke is away this week and I may be missing him a just a little bit this morning.....:o)

3 comments:

awalton said...

these pictures of Burke with the little girl are adorable! see, ya'll really will like having a girl and she will LOVE her daddy! she will probably cry for him whenever she is put into time out or made to take a nap or any of that other stuff we mean ol'mommies like to do to our little ones... :) she'll love you too though, i promise.

Amyawakened said...

Seriously cried on this one! I love that Burke :) You both struck gold when you found each other. Love you pookie and miss you!!

Betsy@Living in the Moment said...

I love that picture of Burke with the little girl. It won't be long now!