Search This Blog

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Those Stinkin' Squirrels

So apparently squirrels like pumpkin as much as I do. We have learned this holiday season that when you leave pumpkins on the porch, this happens....

and this....

and then eventually this....

They haven't touched the B-O-O pumpkins. I told my nephew its because the "BOO" scared them. Yeah, he didn't think it was funny either.

But the squirrels seem to be a hot topic on our street. We have one neighbor that shoots them with a BB gun and then another neighbor (that likes to wear fun hats) who feeds them. Apparently the squirrel loving neighbor called the police once on the BB gun neighbor. So scandalous. Our very own Wisteria Lane, I tell you.

So we probably won't be carving them afterall since the squirrels have added their own creative touches. Little brats.

This is what I found later in the afternoon. Look how fat he is! Fat on my pumpkin. At one point, the only thing sticking out of the whole was a little squirrel behind. And he isn't afraid of me. I had to open the door and then stomp my foot on the porch for him to even move. Little jerk.

1 comment:

awalton said...

admit it, Stacey, you're the one with the BB gun...